Environmental prevention strategies (EPS) are population-based interventions that change the context in which people make decisions.
“These strategies are important because they can alter the environment in ways that help large numbers of people make healthy decisions,” says presenter Chuck Klevgaard, Prevention Manager, Great Lakes PTTC.
Effective Alcohol Policy: Strategies for Creating Environmental Change covers three types of environmental prevention strategies:
- Policy law and regulations
- Enforcing new laws and regulations
- Communication and social marketing
At the end of the webinar, you’ll take away information on how to:
- Fit environmental strategies into a comprehensive approach to prevention
- Assess your organization’s readiness and capacity to implement EPS
- Find the right partners to help you implement EPS