- What is SBIRT?, (Webpage). SBIRT Colorado
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT), (Webpage). SAMHSA.
- TAP 33: Systems-Level Implementation of Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT), (Downloadable Manual). SAMHSA, May 2013.
Screening, Brief Intervention, Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Tools
SBIRT Clinical Tools (Adults, Women, Older Adults), Peer Assistance Services, Inc./SBIRT Colorado
- Adult SBIRT Pocket Card,(Printable/Downloadable document). Mountain Plains PTTC, July 16, 2019.
Brief Intervention Tools
- Brief Negotiated Interview Steps, (Printable Sheet). NIA NIAA.
- "FLO" (Feedback, Looking for Change Talk, Options for Change) - SBIRT DASA Manual (See pages 11-16), (Printable Document). WASBIRT & SAMHSA, May 2010.
Referral to Treatment Tools
- FindTreatment.gov (SAMHSA's website for someone looking for substance abuse treatment), (Website). SAMSHA.
- Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator, (webpage). SAMHSA.
- Alcohol SBIRT: Best Practices for the Prevention and Treatment of Risky Drinking in Girls/Women of Childbearing Age, (Article). National Association of Social Workers, January 2020.
- National CLAS Standards in Health and Health Care (Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services), (Website). Dept. of Health & Human Services.
Resources for Health Care Settings
- Planning and Implementing Screening and Brief Intervention for Risky Alcohol Use, (Document). CDC, June 2014.
- Clinician Tools, (Webpage). UMKC|SBIRT,
- SBIRT DASA Manual, (Printable Document). WASBIRT & SAMHSA, May 2010.
- SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS), (website). SAMHSA-HRSA.
E-Learning Course: SBIRT for Health and Behavioral Health Professionals:
If you are a healthcare or behavioral healthcare provider in a medical setting, you may be interested in the “SBIRT for Health and Behavioral Health Professionals E-learning Course” on HeK
SBIRT via Telehealth Resources
- General SBIRT Telehealth Resource, (Printable/Downloadable Document). Peer Assistance Services SBIRT Colorado, 2020