Be A Part of National Drug & Alcohol Facts Week - March 22-28, 2021
Welcome to National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week® 2021!
Today is the official kickoff of National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week® (NDAFW)! Throughout the years, with your help, we’ve empowered teens to make informed decisions about substance use, taking into consideration the impact drugs and alcohol have on their developing brains. These efforts are especially important as we work to support teens in an unprecedented time living through a pandemic.
We want to thank everyone who registered for NDAFW. If you haven’t yet had a chance to plan or register your event, it’s not too late to do so!
Here are some easy ways to get involved:
- Use NIDA’s new activity, Nurturing My Mental and Emotional Health. This activity was created to help students support their mental health and find strategies to cope with stress.
- Conduct a lesson on coping with stress. Use these materials to help your students understand how stress affects their body and learn healthy ways to cope with pressure.
- Start a conversation. We’ve compiled 10 frequently asked questions from more than 118,000 queries we’ve received from teens over the last decade to help you start a conversation about drugs and health.
- Play NIDA’s Kahoot! games with your class or encourage students to play the games individually.
- Watch new videos from NIDA scientists with answers to common questions teens ask about drug use and addiction.
- Take the National Drug & Alcohol IQ Challenge. Test students’ knowledge about drugs and alcohol with this brief quiz.
- Tune in for a discussion. Join NIDA and CVS Health on March 23 at 11 a.m. ET for a conversation about the science of substance misuse.