Centering Youth Voice to Amplify Tobacco & Nicotine Prevention Efforts Webinar & Resources
Publication Date: May 11, 2021
Region 8 Adolescent and Young Adult Health Workgroup Webinar & Resources: Centering Youth Voice to Amplify Tobacco & Nicotine Prevention Efforts
On February 25 the Region 8 Adolescent and Young Adult Health Workgroup hosted a webinar on youth tobacco use “Centering Youth Voice to Amplify Tobacco and Nicotine Prevention Efforts.” The webinar highlighted information from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and UpRISE, Colorado's social justice youth tobacco control movement. Devin Koontz, Lead Health Communications Specialist with the FDA, covered the history of the FDA’s role in nicotine and tobacco product regulation. Dr. Heather Kennedy, UpRISE Program Manager, discussed how youth in the UpRISE program engage with social justice work and led the participants through a 5 Whys root cause analysis process.
*it is a small "L" between F & R
- FDA - Tobacco Slides
- UpRISE Slides
- 5 Whys Worksheet & The 5 Whys Method/Tool
- Centering Youth Voice to Amplify Tobacco and Nicotine Prevention Efforts-Resource Guide
- Tobacco as a Social Justice Issue: The UpRISE Story, (Video).
- Vaping Linked to COVID-19 Risk in Teens and Young Adults, (Article).
- Reducing Vaping Among Youth and Young Adults - Evidence-Based Resource Guide Series, (Document).