Program Spotlight: Engaging Families through Abriendo Purertas/ Opening Doors
February 15, 2023
In this presentation, participants will be introduced to the Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors (AP/OD) program. They will also learn from an implementing partner and their experience implementing AP/OD to their community. AP/OD is the nation's first evidence-based parent leadership program designed by and for Latino parents with children ages 0-5 and adopted by diverse communities across the country. The bilingual 10-session curriculum promotes school readiness, family well-being, and advocacy by addressing best practices in brain development, key aspects of early childhood development, early literacy, early math, positive use of technology, transition to school, civic engagement, parent leadership, goal-setting, and planning for family success.
Webinar Recording and Slides
- Engaging Families through Abriendo Puertas/ Opening Doors Recording
- Engaging Families through Abriendo Puertas/ Opening Doors slide deck
*This presentation and the information contained in it is proprietary information of Daisy Castañeda and Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors and may not be adapted, modified, or disseminated without the prior written permission of Daisy Castañeda. For more information, contact Daisy Castañeda ([email protected]). This presentation is intended to be used by prevention professionals for learning purposes only. This presentation is not 508 compliant.
- Abriendo Puertas/ Opening Doors Brochure -Spanish (PDF)
- Abriendo Puertas/ Opening Doors Brochure -English (PDF)
- Abriendo Puertas/ Opening Doors Program and Session Overview (PDF)
- Abriendo Puertas/ Opening Doors Implementation Plan Template (PDF)
- Abriendo Puertas/ Opening Doors Implementation Process (PDF)
- Abriendo Puertas/ Opening Doors Testimonials
- Abriendo Puertas/ Opening Doors Evaluation
Daisy Castañeda, MS., serves as the National Director of Training and is located at the national office. She is responsible for the design, planning, and implementation of AP/OD Program Acquisition Institutes which include in-person and virtual Institutes. She helps support AP/OD’s partnerships and community relationships by supporting special projects. Daisy is a native Angeleno and a first-generation college graduate. She holds a B.A. in Political Science with a focus on Public Administration and a master’s degree in Public Administration with an emphasis in leadership.
Contact Kathy Gardner ([email protected]) if you have additional questions about the content related to this webinar.