The candidate will have completed three (3) years of 6000 hours of providing alcohol and other drug abuse prevention services at least 51% of the time. Volunteer work experience is not applicable. This paid, supervised work experience must have been gained within the past five (5) years.
You must be currently employed in a drug and alcohol prevention position at the time application is submitted to BACB.
Supervised Prevention Experience:
- The applicant must submit documentation of at least 300 clock hours of on-the-job supervision specific to the Prevention Performance Domains. No single domain is to be performed for fewer than ten (10) hours.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or General Certificate of Secondary Education and the following are required for certification:
- 150 clock hours of education across the prevention domains of which 100 hours must be prevention specific, 6 hours of ethics education and 6 hours of HIV/AIDS education. Once the 100 hours of prevention specific education is gained, the remaining hours need only be relevant to the field of substance abuse prevention.
- Sources of education are college courses, seminars, conferences, in-services, institutes, lectures, workshops etc. (Online or in person)
- One college credit is equivalent to 15 clock hours. Three college credits are equivalent to 45 clock hours.
Educational / Training Requirements: College Diploma in related field or BA in Human Services or equivalent
Examination: Not listed
Additional Requirements: Bermuda residents who meet the relevant criteria for Prevention Education, Training and experience and who are employed at least 51% of their time in Bermuda
Pre- IC&RC Certification Level Requirements:
- 300 documented hours of direct or indirect supervised services with an ATOD prevention service.
- 1000 hours within a Human services agency or coalition involved with ATOD prevention.
Education and Training:
- Associate degree in Human services
- 30 documented and tested hours of addiction specific education in a formal classroom setting.
- 10 hours of Face-to- Face supervision with a CPS or CCS or designated mentor.
- The applicant must provide three professional references. One reference must be from the latest work experience supervision; the other two must be from professionals who have had the opportunity to observe the applicant’s skills and competencies. References must be returned directly to the board by the raters.
- The applicant must submit documentation of at least 300 clock hours of on-the-job supervision specific to the prevention performance domains. No single domain is to be performed for fewer than ten (10) hours.
Certification & Licensing Board: Bermuda Addictions Certification Board (BACB)
Board Website: www.bacb.bm