District of Columbia
HHS Region: Region 3 - Central East
Prevention Experience: Verification of 2 years (4,000 hours) in ATOD prevention experience
Supervised Prevention Experience: Verification of 120 hours of clinical supervision in the 6 performance domains: Program Coordination, Education and Training, Community Organization, Public Policy, Professional Growth and Responsibility, Planning and Evaluation (minimum of 10 hours in each).
Educational / Training Requirements:
- BA degree in Human Services or minimum of 4 years managerial experience in ATOD prevention work.
- Verification of 100 hours of training/education; 50 must be prevention-specific and the other 50 must be specific to ATOD training
Examination: Passage of the written exam
References & Recommendations: 4 written reference on the Board forms, 3 from co-workers familiar with your work in addictions treatment and 1 from your direct supervisor.
- Completion of Board's applications and all forms included therein
- Payment of a non-refundable processing fee. There is a $35 returned check charge for all checks returned from applicant's bank.
Pre-IC&RC Certification Level Title: Certified Prevention Specialist (CPS) (Non-reciprocal)
Pre- IC&RC Certification Level Requirements:
- Verification of 1 year (2,000 hours) of ATOD prevention experience.
Certification & Licensing Board: DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ADDICTION PROFESSIONALS CONSORTIUM (DCAPC)
Board Website: http://dcapcboard.org/
Code of Ethics Requirements:
- Signed notarized release form and ethics statement