Five Reasons to Get Credentialed in 2023!
Publication Date: Nov 23, 2022
- Certification provides significant advantages to professionals and job candidates - Hiring managers report credentialing is a hiring criteria. Credentialed professionals are more likely to have advancement opportunities and leverage for raises and promotions.
- International Credentialing & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC) certification is reciprocal – Individuals holding a credential through an IC&RC member board may be eligible for a transfer of credentials into other IC&RC member boards.1 IC&RC certification boards are in 49 U.S. states and territories, 3 Native American regions, all branches of the U.S. military and 11 international regions.2
- Enhanced credibility – Prevention credentialing is a credible, third-party assessment of your skills and knowledge as a prevention professional.
- Respect from peers - You can be a role model and mentor to others in the field.
- Increased confidence / competence- As you build competency, your confidence increases and as you build confidence your competence continues to increase as well.3
1International Credentialing & Reciprocity Consortium. The value of credentialing. https://internationalcredentialing.org/valuecred
2International Credentialing & Reciprocity Consortium. https://internationalcredentialing.org/page-1738918
3Alan Smith Business Coach (2019, 27 May) Competence / Confidence Loop. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHsZNMx8hNI