Calling all Prevention Specialists!
Has COVID forced you to change your approach to prevention work?
Join the NIATx Change Leader Academy for tools you can immediately use to adapt and improve how you deliver prevention services in your schools and communities.
The Great Lakes PTTC offers this training for Prevention Specialists in HHS Region 5: IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, AND WI. This training is offered in response to a need identified by stakeholders in our region.
The NIATx Virtual Change Leader Academy (VCLA) is the new web-based version of the popular NIATx Change Leader Academy (CLA). The CLA has given thousands of behavioral health, recovery, and prevention organizations the tools to make real changes that improve their services and work systems. This interactive, expert-led program includes four weekly 90-minute learning sessions. An optional follow-up series consists of four monthly individual and group coaching sessions. This training is offered at no cost and is supported by funding from SAMHSA.
What is the NIATx Virtual Change Leader Academy (VCLA)?
- A live, Zoom-based training consisting of four weekly sessions (90-min each) with practical peer discussions around the current challenges in delivering prevention services and ideas/tools for adapting using the NIATx process improvement model.
What is the NIATx model of process improvement?
- A structured, team-based approach to change management that relies on the power of making small changes to improve your prevention efforts quickly.
You choose what you want to improve. Past participants have focused on change project aims such as:
- Coalition Functioning – increase meeting attendance; increase sector representation; increase number of volunteer hours logged; etc.
- Prevention Evidence-based Practice Implementation – increase number of schools using programs; increase parent attendance at program sessions; increase communication reach of messaging media campaign; increase parent completion rate of programs with multiple sessions; etc
All four sessions are 90-minutes, 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM /Central.
May 20, 2021: 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM /Central
May 27, 2021: 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM /Central
June 3, 2021: 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM /Central
June 10, 2021: 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM /Central
Participants in the virtual CLA will learn:
- The NIATx principles and how they motivate positive change.
- How to build a change team and integrate NIATx principles at the organizational level.
- How to conduct a change project to improve a specific process within their organization.
Scott Gatzke, NIATx Trainer/Coach – Great Lakes PTTC
Erin Ficker, Prevention Manager, Great Lakes PTTC