Goals and Objectives
The New England Prevention Technology Transfer Center has two main goals when it comes to the overall mission to support and build capacity within the region's prevention workforce.
Goal 1: Increase the capacity of the New England prevention professional workforce to use prevention research to prevent and reduce substance use disorders.
- Build alliances with New England prevention professionals, researchers, state systems and other prevention stakeholders
- Conducting assessment of skills and training needs of the New England prevention workforce
- Developing and delivering in-person and distance learning trainings
- Develop and disseminate prevention tools, references, and resources to aid putting prevention research into practice.
- Developing and delivering intensive technical assistance services in priority areas as needed.
Goal 2: Increase the capacity of the New England prevention professional workforce to utilize core prevention skill sets in the prevention of substance use disorders.
- Develop and build in-state capacities to offer training in core prevention skill set areas (e.g. SAPST, ethics, and advanced ethics)
- Develop advanced level courses and trainings for the more experienced prevention workforce