The New England PTTC internship is a two-part experience; learning and working. It is our intention to count you as a member of our team while also giving you new tools and experiences that you can use when your semester with us finishes. Download the 2021 Internship Overview.
We will have several goals for you during the course of your internship with us.
Gain an understanding of Prevention Science and the work of a prevention specialist working in the field.
Gain a clear understanding of the PTTC network and the New England PTTC’s role within the network.
Assist on new and ongoing PTTC project(s) working with stakeholders and other prevention specialists.
Conduct research around an identified priority subject area.
Complete a product using the research conducted which will benefit the New England prevention workforce.
The Spring application deadline; January 1st. Summer application deadline; May 1st. Fall Application Deadline, September 1st. For applications beyond this deadline, please contact Sarah Johnson, Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator at [email protected]
The 2023 spring application deadline is extended to February 1st.
FEATURED INTERN PRODUCTS
- Increasing Cultural Humility for Prevention Specialists who work with Hispanic, Latino, Latinx Populations in New England developed by Rhetta Vega
- Focus on Cannabis Prevention developed by Aubrey Schaeffer
- Harm Reduction from a Prevention Point of View developed by Olivia Rando
- Resource Guide: Increasing Cultural Humility for Prevention Specialists Who work with SWANA Populations developed by Ani Aroyian
- Marijuana Data Kit New England Region developed by Manal Ahmed
- Project Echo Evaluation Report developed by Manal Ahmed