Announcing the 2023 New England PTTC Research & Design (RAD) Fellowship (HHS Region 1)
Research & Design (RAD) Fellowship
Prevention Product Development for the New England Region
Applications are due by January 2, 2023, at 4:00 pm EST
Learn more and apply.
(you'll need a google account to view the form)
The 2023 Priority area is "Practical Resources to Address The Root Causes of Substance Misuse."
The New England PTTC Research & Design (RAD) Fellowship aims to promote the career development of six, mid to advanced-level substance misuse prevention specialists who work in New England; while increasing the regional data and recourses available to the entire Substance Misuse Prevention workforce in the region. The Fellowship will focus on a priority area of Substance Misuse Prevention during each fellowship term. The 2023 Priority area is "Practical Resources to Address The Root Causes of Substance Misuse."
Fellows will contribute new, relevant and innovative research on the priority area and an accompanying tool or product which will be available to members of the substance misuse prevention field following the conclusion of the Fellowship term. This research will be presented by the Fellows in a symposium to which prevention specialists in the New England area will have priority access. Each Fellow will choose their contribution to the priority area, and applicants are asked to submit their proposed subject below.
Fellows will be welcome to reapply for consecutive Fellowship terms.
The program will optimally have one fellow from each of the six New England states and will provide each fellow with a working stipend of $10,000 upon completion of milestones in the program and after the program has concluded.
The Fellows will meet four times during the Fellowship Term (February, April, June, August) to coordinate their research so that each product supports a collective whole without being duplicative. At the end of the term, the Fellows will present their work in a symposium for the New England prevention workforce.
Requirements for Applicants for the 2023 Term are as follows:
- Have at least five years of experience in the field of Substance Use/Misuse Prevention
- Work in one of the six New England states (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT) or a tribal nation within the New England region
- Provide one reference with contact information
- Provide one sponsor in the research or development field who has agreed to support the fellow with product development if needed
- Present a one to two-paragraph proposal of a topic on the selected priority area that the Fellow wishes to pursue during their active fellowship in the 2023 Priority area "Practical Resources to Address The Root Causes of Substance Misuse."
- Be willing to uphold the IC&RC Prevention Think Tank Code of Ethical Conduct as well as the professional standards of the PTTC network
- Commit to four collaborative meetings with current fellows and present findings and associated tools/products at the term culminating symposium
- Commit to advancing the field of prevention in the New England region
- Commit to personal and career development through the completion of the Fellowship term
- Remain an engaged alumni member of the fellowship once their term has come to a conclusion
Highly qualified applicants will also be provisionally or fully Certified as Prevention Specialists within their state.
Applications are due by January 2, 2023, at 4:00 pm EST.
Learn more and apply.
(you'll need a google account to view the form).
We look forward to reviewing applications and will be in touch with applicants regarding their acceptance to the program by January 20, 2023, at 4:00pm. Need more information? Contact us at [email protected]