HHS Region: Region 10 - Northwest
Title: Certified Prevention Specialist
Examination: ICRC Prevention Specialist Certification Exam Passing score on the CPS professional psychometric national certification examination from the International Certification Reciprocity Consortium
Educational / Training Requirements:
- 150 Prevention Education Hours
- All education hours must be accredited or approved by a recognized/approved accreditation body. Education hours must include the topical areas of:
- ATOD Pharmacology, ATOD Prevention Education Curriculum trainings or Training of Trainers (TOT) , Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist Training (SAPST), Community Mobilization / Coalition Building / Systems Thinking/Planning, general prevention topics, Cultural Competence/ Awareness, facilitation/presentation skills training, and prevention ethics including confidentiality.
2,000 Supervised Experience Hours in the Prevention Domains TM (c. ICRC/AODA)
Supervised Prevention Experience:
120 Hours of Experiential Learning and Evaluation by a Qualified Prevention Supervisor
Code of Ethics: Ethics Agreement (signed and dated)
- Letter of Verification
- Verifying a minimum of 2 years of sobriety time for those who are recovering from chemical dependence.
- National Criminal History Check
Certification & Licensing Board: MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTION COUNSELING BOARD OF OREGON (MHACBO) https://mhacbo.org/en/