HHS Region: Region 9 - Pacific Southwest
Educational / Training Requirements:
- A minimum of one hundred (100) contact hours of ATOD education.
- 50 hours must be Prevention specific.
- 50 hours must be relevant to the field of Addiction.
- Six (6) hours of Prevention Specific Ethics Education, and four (4) hours of HIV/AIDS Education.
- Two (2) years full-time experience in the ATOD specialty field, or one (1) year if applicant has a bachelor’s degree or higher in a human service field.
- (Experience consists of verification of 4,000 hours equals two years or 2,000 hours equals to one year of prevention specific performance related to ATOD.)
Supervised Prevention Experience:
Verification of 120 hours of Supervised Experience in the six (6) performance domains, with a minimum of 10 hours in each domain:
- Domain Weight on Exam:
- Planning and Evaluation 30%
- Prevention Education and Service Delivery 15%
- Communication 13% (Recently Added)
- Community Organization 15%
- Public Policy and Environmental Change 12%
- Professional Growth and Responsibility 15%
Code of Ethics: Signed documentation to abide by the Certified Prevention Specialists Code of Ethics.
Pacific Substance Abuse Mental Health Certification Board (PSAMHCB) mailto:[email protected]