HHS Region: Region 3 - Central East
Prevention Specialist Title: Certified Prevention Specialist Pass written exam
Educational / Training Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 120 hours of education relevant to the field of addiction of which 24 must be prevention specific including 6 in professional ethics and responsibilities.
- Two years (4,000 hours) out of the last 7 years of paid, supervised employment as an alcohol, tobacco and other drug abuse prevention specialist or supervisor where 51 % of the time is spent providing said prevention services with a bachelor’s degree or higher in a human service related field.
- Three years (6,000 hours) of employment is required if the degree is non-human service related.
Supervised Prevention Experience:
- 120 hours of supervision obtained during employment.
Code of Ethics: Sign and abide by Code of Ethical Conduct.
Recertification Requirements: 40 hours of relevant education including three hours in ethics every two years.
- Present employment as a prevention specialist or supervisor at time of application.
- Must live or work in PA at time of application.
Certification & Licensing Board: Pennsylvania Certification https://www.pacertboard.org