For prevention practitioners working to prevent substance misuse in HHS Region 5: IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, and WI.
This two-part interactive virtual workshop series will focus on how coalition leaders can build strong, engaged coalitions. We will review the best practices in effective coalitions, the leader's role in implementing those practices, and how leadership functions differently in the unique structure of a community coalition. The interactive workshops will include opportunities for discussion, practice, and sharing with peers.
- You will be registered for both workshop dates (9/15 and 9/23) at the same time.
- You only need to register once
- The Zoom link will be the same for both days and will be sent to you prior to the first workshop.
Please see the technology and attendance requirements listed below.
Presenter: Carol Oliver
Carol Oliver is a nationally recognized leader and trainer in the field of substance misuse prevention. She has expertise in evidence-based methods, instructional design, and in-person and virtual learning. She specializes in developing systems to solve complex health-related problems and create effective behavioral health workforces.
A certified prevention specialist, with deep knowledge of and commitment to culturally responsive practices, Oliver led the training and technical assistance work of the Center for the Application of Prevention Technologies for eight years. In this role, she oversaw the delivery of high-quality workforce training to over 44,000 practitioners and effective capacity-building assistance to over 14,000 people nationwide.
This training is co-sponsored by the Great Lakes PTTC and The Northwoods Coalition.
Please be sure to follow the participant requirements below to maximize everyone’s learning experience during this virtual training series.
Participants will need:
- A computer, tablet, or phone with access to both video and microphone during all training sessions
- Access to the newest version of the Zoom online meeting platform or mobile application
- You can download Zoom by clicking HERE
- You can check or update your Zoom version by clicking HERE
- If you are having issues with your device’s microphone, please consider using headphones or earbuds with a mic included
Attendance and Participation
Participants will need to use the chat feature to answer attendance questions that will be asked at various points throughout the session.
We highly encourage active participation in these trainings, but please make sure you are muting yourself when you are not talking to reduce the amount of feedback and background noise on the call.
Every background sound overrides the presenter’s audio and makes it hard to hear the presentation.
Please make sure you’re appropriately engaged in this virtual training series just as you would be at an in-person training. It’s important to have access to video and for all participants to be in a setting that is conducive to learning and communicating with other attendees.