Celebrating Pride Month - June 2022 - Prevention Resources for the LGBTQIA + Community
June is Pride Month. The month recognizes the sweeping impact that LGBTQIA+ individuals, advocates and their allies have had on history in the United States. Organizations across the country are reimagining leadership and programming to create more diverse and inclusive spaces. The New England PTTC supports health equality for all this month and beyond. Below we've compiled prevention resources for the LGBTQIA + Community.
PRIDE MONTH PTTC Resources
- PTTC NETWORK HIGHLIGHTED EVENTS IN JUNE
- NEW 4-part Virtual Learning Series: What LGBTQIA2S+ BIPOC want Prevention Professionals to Know? Extensive articles, training, websites, & more. The Danya Institute, National Hispanic & Latino Prevention Technology Transfer Center, & National American Indian & Alaska Native PTTC.
- WEBINAR: Preventing and Addressing Behavioral Health Disparities among LGBTQI2-S Youth and Adults: An Interactive Webinar - June 7, 2022, from 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST. Brought to you by Southeast PTTC.
- WEBINAR: Prioritizing Equity in Prevention Series: Affirming LGBTQ+ Youth & Community - June 16, 2022, at 3:00 pm US/Pacific. Brought to you by Pacific Southwest PTTC.
- Substance Misuse Prevention With LGBTQIA+ Youth: A Health Educator's Guide New England PTTC
- Queer-inclusive Programming: An Ally’s Guide To Prevention New England PTTC
- LGBTQ+ Behavioral Health Equity National Hispanic & Latino PTTC
- Engaging LGBT Elders in Prevention Programs Central East PTTC
- LGBTQ Fact Sheets for Prevention Professionals: Vaping, Suicide Prevention, Substance Misuse Central East PTTC
- Vaping and LGBTQ Youth Central East PTTC
- Building Health Equity and Inclusion Online Repository
- Building Health Equity and Social Justice Working Group
- Search PTTC Products & Resources
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA)
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
National Suicide Prevention Hotline
National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
Center of Excellence on LGBTQ+ Behavioral Health Equity
Provides behavioral health practitioners with vital information on supporting the population of people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, two-spirit, and other diverse sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Addiction Technology Transfer Center
- HIGHLIGHTED EVENTS IN JUNE
- YMSM + LGBT Center of Excellence
- Building Health Equity & Inclusion
- Search ATTC Products & Resources
Mental Health Technology Transfer Centers
LGBTQIA+ Behavioral Health Resources Northwest MHTTC
LGBTQ+ Youth Mental Health Southest MHTTC
Desk Guide: Building Your Toolkit to Serve the LGBTQ Community Great Lakes MHTTC
Additional MHTTC Products and Resources compiled for 2021 National LGBT Health Awareness Week