Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) Standards in Behavioral Health Settings
Military and Veterans - A Distinct Health Culture
Jacqueline Coleman and Adreana Tartt
May 15, 2019, 1-2:30 PM EST | View all Central East webinars
The National CLAS Standards are intended to advance health equity, improve quality, and help eliminate health care disparities. This webinar will discuss how health care organizations need to ensure that awareness, adoption, and implementation of the National CLAS Standards are incorporated to have a more inclusive definition of culture in order to better serve the military community.
To familiarize yourself with the CLAS Standards, please watch our Intro webinar (CLAS in BH 101) prior to watching this webinar.
- The structure and major components of the U.S. military
- Common characteristics of the military population and its distinct culture
- Elements of the military experience and lifestyle that are integral to military culture
- Using CLAS to inform a person-centered approach to military consumers and their families
Jacqueline Coleman, MEd, MSM, BA, CPC, is a certified professional coach with extensive experience as a senior program manager. Jacqueline has expertise in workforce development, organizational development and contract management. She is a cultivator and trainer of professionals in multiple sectors. Jacqueline provides strategic consultation on LEADERVATION (gender-tailored programs, equity and diversity initiatives, and systems change processes).
Adreana Tartt is an experienced practitioner who employs person-centered care as a foundational principle in serving humanity. She is currently employed at the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (OhioMHAS). She is the Special Populations Program Coordinator for Veterans, Older Adults and Human Trafficking. Adreana is a United States Marine Corps veteran and holds a Masters of Art in Alcohol and Drug Abuse and a Bachelor’s in Social Psychology.
PREVIOUS CLAS IN BH WEBINARS:
- Introduction to CLAS Standards in Behavioral Health Settings - Aug. 1, 2018
- Working with the LGBTQ Population, Part 1- Sep. 11, 2018
- Working with the LGBTQ Population, Part 2 - Oct. 24, 2018
- Children and Their Caregivers - Nov. 14, 2018
- Working with Youth & Adolescents - Dec. 5, 2018
- Working with the Aging Population - Jan. 16, 2019
- Working with the African American Population - Feb. 13, 2019
- Venus vs. Mars in Healthcare: Impacts on Women's Healthcare Outcomes - Mar. 13, 2019
- Tailoring CLAS for African Immigrants and Persons of African and Caribbean Descent - Apr. 17, 2019
- The Complexities of Healthcare & Wellness for Men Who Have Sex with Men - June 12, 2019