Introduction to the Prevention Core Competencies: For Prevention Professionals
Hilton Charlotte University Place
8629 J M Keynes Drive
Charlotte, NC 28262
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED: Thanks to all who signed up!
This 3-day training will cover substance use prevention fundamentals for early career prevention professionals. The training provides an introduction to prevention science and a roadmap to further education and professional development, including:
- Prevention theories, models, and techniques
- Foundational knowledge on substance use disorders
- Ethical practice
- Provide an overview of prevention science and its application to practice
- Strengthen understanding of effective planning and implementation approaches to prevention services
- Raise awareness about the training and credentialing needs for the field
- Encourage participants to pursue more specialized training.
- Describe the key elements of prevention planning and evaluation
- Understand the core prevention professional knowledge, skills, and competencies
- Acknowledge the importance of research-based theories and processes that help explain and build effective prevention interventions
- Describe how evidence-based prevention strategies can be delivered across settings including the family, school, media, community, or workplace
The training will be provided at no cost to you. You will need to pay for your own hotel room if required. We have secured a block of rooms.
Participants must meet the following criteria to be considered for this course:
- One to three years of experience in the substance misuse prevention field
- Work and/or live in the Southeast region (AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN)
- Ability to participate in the three full days of the training
- Willing to provide constructive feedback regarding the core competencies course
If you meet the above participant eligibility criteria and are interested in being considered as a participant, complete the application no later than May 22. Space will be limited.
- Day 1: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Day 2: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Day 3: 8:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.
CONTACT HOUR ELIGIBILITY
In order to be eligible for the stated contact hours/certificate of attendance, you must join the live webinar on the video platform.
Certificates must be requested within one week of the event and will be processed within 30 days. If you are having issues accessing the room/application at the time of the event: Please email [email protected] at the start of the webinar so that we can assist you.