Cannabis: Research & Resources
Please click on links below for more information
Technology Transfer Center (TTC) Resources:
National Coordinating Office:
- National Coordinating Office PTT: Marijuana Risk Priority Area, (Webpage). 2021.
National Hispanic & Latino:
- National Hispanic and Latino PTTC: The Reality of Legal Marijuana and Hispanic/Latino Youth: Myths, Truths, Consequences and Options, (webinar). September 4, 2019.
HHS Region 1: New England
- New England PTTC: PTTC Marijuana Prevention Education Toolkit Launch & Listening Session, (webinar). January 2020.
- New England PTTC: Marijuana Prevention and Education Toolkit, (Toolkit). Oct 4, 2019.
- New England ATTC: FACTS FOR TEENS ABOUT MARIJUANA, (Printable/Downloadable Fact/Myth Document). July 2017.
HHS Region 3: Central East
- Central East PTTC: Emerging Drug Trends, (Recorded Webinar Series). 2020.
HHS Region 7: Mid-America
- Mid-America PTTC: Episode 15: Current Drug Trends - Cannabis, (Podcast). September 2019.
- Mid-America PTTC: Marijuana in a Changing Legal Climate, (Newsletter). October 2019.
HHS Region 8: Mountain Plains
- Mountain Plains PTTC: Infographic: Understanding Adolescent Marijuana Use, (Printable Infographic). September 2019.
- Mountain Plains PTTC: Informing Prevention: The Effects of Drug Use Such as Marijuana, on Adolescent Brain Development, (Recorded Webinar). June 2019.
- Mountain Plains PTTC: Grow Your Knowledge: Cannabis Prevention, Policy and Pharmacology 3-Part Webinar Series:
- Cannabis Prevention Policy: Planning and Implementation, (Recorded Webinar). March 2020
- Cannabis Laws/Policies: Federal and Regional Update and Using SPF and Prevention Science to Inform Policy, (Recorded Webinar). March 2020.
HHS Region 9: Pacific Southwest
- Pacific Southwest PTTC: Marijuana Pharmacology Webinar, (Recorded Webinar). January 2019.
HHS Region 10: Northwest
- Northwest PTTC: Cannabis Glossary- Terms by Topic, (Printable/Downloadable Document). September 2019.
- Northwest ATTC: Brief Interventions for Cannabis Use Disorders: The Check-Up Model, (Webinar). January 2019.
Visit the Products and Resources search engine to find more resources from the PTTC, MHTTC, and ATTC Technology Transfer Centers.
National Research & Resources:
Know the Risks of Marijuana, (Webpage). SAMHSA, December 2020.
Marijuana | CBHSQ Data, (Webpage). SAMHSA, January 2021.
What are the Effects of Marijuana?, (Webpage). CDC, February 2018.
How Cannabis Use Disorder Affects Working Memory, (Science Highlight). NIDA, August 7, 2018.
The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids: The Current State of Evidence and Recommendations for Research, (Ebook). The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, 2017.
Marijuana - The Risks are Real, (Infographic). SAMHSA, .2020.
Alcohol and Cannabis Use and the Developing Brain, (Article). NIH NIAAA, September 2021.
Status of State Marijuana Legalization, (Info Brief). Carnevale and Associates, November 2020.
Marijuana Research Report: Is Marijuana Safe and Effective as Medicine?, (Webpage). National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), July 2020.
Therapeutic Potential of Medicinal Marijuana: an Educational Primer for Healthcare Professionals, (Research Article). Mouhamed, Y., Vishnyakov, A., Qorri, B., Sambi, M., Nowierski, C., Lamba, A., … SM Signy Frank. Dovepress. June 2018.
FDA Regulation of Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Products, Including Cannabidiol (CBD), (Webpage). FDA, January 2021.
Medical Marijuana Programs: Summary Matrix, (Printable/Downloadable Document). The Network for Public Health Law, February 2019.
Guide to the National Academy Report on Cannabis, An Exclusive Discussion with Panel Members, (Research Article). Piomelli D, Cooper Z, Abrams D, Grant I, Patel S, Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research, NCBI. June 2017.
Based on Science: The Medicinal Benefits of Cannabis are Mostly Unknown, (Webpage). The National Academies of Sciences Engineering & Medicine, April 2020.
Youth Perspectives on the Changing Landscape of Legalized Recreational Marijuana: Reframing Risk and Harm Reduction, (Webinar). National Clinical Training Center for Family Planning NCTCFP, September 2020.
Preventing Youth Marijuana Use: Programs and Strategies, Decision-Supporting Tools (Printable/Downloadable Document). SAMHSA, October 2017.
Addressing Youth and Cannabis, (Downloadable/Printable Document). Coalitions for Cannabis Policy, Education, and Regulation, March 2022.
Talk. They Hear You. Talking with Your Teens About Marijuana: Keeping Your Kids Safe - Parent Brochure, (Printable/Downloadable Brochure). SAMHSA, February 2021.
- Talk. They Hear You. Talk with Your Kids About the Facts, (Infographic). SAMHSA, August 2019.
Parents’ Marijuana Use May Increase Children’s Risk of Marijuana Use and Favorable Views of Marijuana, (Article). NIDA, June 2020.
HHS Region 8 (CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WY) Resources:
Marijuana, (Website). Colorado Official State Web Portal, 2019.
Marijuana Use Prevention Resource Bank, (Webpage). Colorado Department of Education, January 21, 2021.
2020 Colorado Drug Trend Report, (Webpage) & Substance Use Disorder Treatment: Colorado Drug Trends, (PowerPoint). Colorado Department of Human Services. August 7, 2020.
Cannabis Use in Montana, (Document). Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS), Public Health in the 406, January 2021.
Marijuana Prevention, (Webpage). Montana DPHHS, 2020.
Division of Medical Marijuana, (Webpage). North Dakota Department of Health, 2020.
Substance Abuse Prevention: KNOW Campaign, (Webpage). University of North Dakota, 2020
Assessment of the Impacts of Marijuana Legalization in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. (Dissertation). South Dakota State University. Lynch, 2018.
Utah Medical Cannabis, (Document). Utah Department of Health, January 1, 2021.
University of Utah Health & Medical Cannabis, (webpage). University of Utah Health, 2020.
Utah Medical Cannabis Program, (Website). Utah Department of Health, 2021.
Substance Abuse Prevention Program, (Webpage). Wyoming Department of Health, 2021.
Wyoming Prevention Depot, (Website). Wyoming Prevention Department, 2021.
Survey Finds Increasing Support for Personal Marijuana Use, (Survey Findings). University of Wyoming, October 2018.