Cannabis: Research & Resources
The Mountain Plains Prevention Technology Transfer Center compiled the following research and resources for cannabis prevention
Please click on link(s) below for more information:
Technology Transfer Center (TTC) Resources:
National Hispanic & Latino:
- National Hispanic and Latino PTTC: The Reality of Legal Marijuana and Hispanic/Latino Youth: Myths, Truths, Consequences and Options, (webinar). September 4, 2019.
HHS Region 1: New England
- New England PTTC: PTTC Marijuana Prevention Education Toolkit Launch & Listening Session, (webinar). January 6, 2020.
- New England PTTC: Marijuana Prevention and Education Toolkit, (Toolkit). Oct 4, 2019.
- New England ATTC: FACTS FOR TEENS ABOUT MARIJUANA, (Printable/Downloadable Fact/Myth Document). July 12, 2017.
HHS Region 3: Central East
- Central East PTTC: Emerging Drug Trends, (Recorded Webinar Series). 2020.
HHS Region 7: Mid-America
- Mid-America PTTC: The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids: The Current State of Evidence and Recommendations for Research. PTTC. OCT 2019.
HHS Region 8: Mountain Plains
- Mountain Plains PTTC: Infographic: Understanding Adolescent Marijuana Use, (Printable Infographic). September 10, 2019.
- Mountain Plains PTTC: Informing Prevention: The Effects of Drug Use Such as Marijuana, on Adolescent Brain Development, (Recorded Webinar). June 4, 2019.
- Mountain Plains PTTC: Grow Your Knowledge: Cannabis Prevention, Policy and Pharmacology 3-Part Webinar Series:
- Cannabis Prevention Policy: Planning and Implementation, (Recorded Webinar). March 4, 2020
- Cannabis Laws/Policies: Federal and Regional Update and Using SPF and Prevention Science to Inform Policy, (Recorded Webinar). March 11, 2020.
HHS Region 9: Pacific Southwest
- Pacific Southwest PTTC: Marijuana Pharmacology Webinar, (Recorded Webinar). January 23, 2019.
HHS Region 10: Northwest
- Northwest PTTC: Cannabis Glossary- Terms by Topic, (Printable/Downloadable Document). September 2019.
- Northwest ATTC: Brief Interventions for Cannabis Use Disorders: The Check-Up Model, (Webinar). January 23, 2019.
Visit the Products and Resources search engine to find more resources from the PTTC, MHTTC, and ATTC Technology Transfer Centers.
National Research & Resources:
Preventing Youth Marijuana Use: Programs and Strategies, Decision-Supporting Tools (Printable/Downloadable Document). SAMHSA, October 2017.
Parents’ Marijuana Use May Increase Children’s Risk of Marijuana Use and Favorable Views of Marijuana, (Article). NIDA. June 30, 2020.
Status of State Marijuana Legalization, (Info Brief). Carnevale and Associates, November 2020.
University of Utah Health & Medical Marijuana Resources, (Webpage). University of Utah Health, 2020.
The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids: The Current State of Evidence and Recommendations for Research, (Ebook). The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, 2017.
Marijuana Research Report: Is marijuana safe and effective as medicine?, (Webpage). National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), July 2020.
What are the Effects of Marijuana?, (Webpage). CDC, February 26, 2018.
FDA Regulation of Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Products, Including Cannabidiol (CBD), (Webpage). FDA, January 22, 2021.
How cannabis use disorder affects working memory, (Science Highlight). NIDA, August 7, 2018.
Medical Marijuana Programs: Summary Matrix, (Printable/Downloadable Document). The Network for Public Health Law, February 14, 2019
Talk. They Hear You. Talking with Your Teens About Marijuana: Keeping Your Kids Safe - Parent Brochure, (Printable/Downloadable Brochure). SAMHSA, February 2021.
A Guide to the National Academy of Science Report on Cannabis: An Exclusive Discussion with Panel Members, (Research Article). Piomelli D, Cooper Z, Abrams D, Grant I, Patel S, Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research, NCBI. June 1, 2017.
Therapeutic potential of medicinal marijuana: an educational primer for healthcare professionals, (Research Article). Mouhamed, Y., Vishnyakov, A., Qorri, B., Sambi, M., Nowierski, C., Lamba, A., … SM Signy Frank. Dovepress. June 11, 2018.
HHS Region 8 (CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WY) Resources:
Marijuana, (Website). Colorado Official State Web Portal, 2019.
Marijuana Use Prevention Resource Bank, (Webpage). Colorado Department of Education, January 21, 2021.
2020 Colorado Drug Trend Report, (Webpage) & Substance Use Disorder Treatment: Colorado Drug Trends, (PowerPoint). Colorado Department of Human Services. August 7, 2020.
Cannabis Use in Montana, (Document). Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS), Public Health in the 406, January 2021.
Marijuana Prevention, (Webpage). Montana DPHHS, 2020.
Prevention Symposium. Addictive and Mental Disorders Division Treatment Bureau.
Division of Medical Marijuana, (Webpage). North Dakota Department of Health, 2020.
Substance Abuse Prevention: KNOW Campaign, (Webpage). University of North Dakota, 2020
Assessment of the Impacts of Marijuana Legalization in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. (Dissertation). South Dakota State University. Lynch, 2018.
Utah Medical Cannabis, (Document). Utah Department of Health, January 1, 2021.
University of Utah Health & Medical Cannabis, (webpage). University of Utah Health, 2020.
Utah Medical Cannabis Program, (Website). Utah Department of Health, 2021.
Substance Abuse Prevention Program, (Webpage). Wyoming Department of Health, 2021.
Wyoming Prevention Depot, (Website). Wyoming Prevention Department, 2021.
Survey Finds Increasing Support for Personal Marijuana Use. University of Wyoming. 2018.